Fitness Therapist Wanted
Fitness Therapy Unlimited (FTU), one of Michigan’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, and an innovator in our field, is seeking Fitness Therapists (FTs) within the Metro Detroit area to provide land and aquatic fitness therapy to individuals with adaptive needs. Our work is very rewarding!
At FTU we provide specialized services to adults and children with traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, orthopedic injuries, amputations, and other medical conditions. Our therapists travel throughout their designated territories to provide treatments to our clients within local community centers, fitness centers, and client homes. Our team consists of individuals who are caring and compassionate towards the needs of others and who have a willingness to do whatever it takes to improve the lives of our clients. We are looking for individuals who can fit into our unique company and who are passionate about helping others accomplish their goals, gain independence and improve their overall quality of life.
To motivate, create and teach customized fitness programs to adaptive needs individuals in order to improve activities of daily living (ADL), and to report findings, progress, and recommendations to members of the rehabilitation team.
- Conduct daily client sessions and educate the client regarding how to move towards successful completion of the program
- Document daily notes in electronic medical records system
- Conduct assessments every 90 days and report finding to rehabilitation team by writing clear and concise progress notes
- Prepare for and conduct initial evaluations
- Establish and design medically necessary customized fitness program and adjust as needed
- Provide motivation to clients in order to maintain required attendance rates in order to achieve success
- Participate in rehabilitation team meetings whenever necessary and report client care concerns
- Develop discharge plans and write appropriate discharge summaries
- Schedule client sessions and create weekly schedule updates
- Maintain contact with Case Managers, house managers, and physicians
- Bachelor’s degree in Athletic Training, Exercise Science, Kinesiology, or other health related field required; Master’s degree preferred
- Clinical experience related to physical therapy, program design, and documentation preferred
- Must obtain Aquatic Therapy Certification and Certified Brain Injury Specialist Certification within 9 months of hire
- Must have reliable transportation
Excellent compensation based on experience, degrees held, and certifications earned. Full-time employees are eligible for BCBS healthcare, vision and dental benefits, as well as a 401k, paid time off, paid holidays, CEU reimbursement, and supplemental insurance options.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or fax to 248.792.3634.